Half Shafts & Rear Wheel Bearings
The early Series 1 models were fitted with 14 spline half shafts. It soon became apparent that the thickness of the shaft was insufficent. Later Series 1 and all Series 2 & 3 models were fitted with thicker 17 spline half shafts. If your shaft has snapped or the bearing is badly worn it is a strong indicator that there is an underlying problem with the differential and that replacing the shaft may not cure the fault. Prior to ordering parts please check whether your car has been modified to the later 17 spline Series 1 axle or the 17 spline Series 2 & 3 axle. If you have any concerns please contact us. In 2017 we took over Norman Geeson's axle building business (www.creweclassicsix.co.uk) and can offer a full half shaft and axle rebuilding service.
The earliest models had 14 spline shafts (UG2871, UG2867, UG2872, UG2868) which were fitted with wheel studs UG668 & UG669. Later 14 spline shafts (UG3081, UG3082, UG3083, UG3084) were fitted with wheel studs UG3085 & UG3086. Please be aware that our modified wheel bearings RG8104P do not require the sealing ring RG8109.
- LH HALF SHAFT EARLY 14 SPLINE (EARLY S1) Recon Ex (UG2868SXR)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- RH HALF SHAFT EARLY 14 SPLINE (EARLY S1) Recon Ex (UG2867SXR)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- RECONDITIONED RH AXLE SHAFT (14 spline) (UG2871SXR)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- RECONDITIONED LH AXLE SHAFT (14 spline) (UG2872SXR)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- LH HALF SHAFT ASSEMBLY (Early 14 spline) (UG3083SXR)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- RETAINING NUT (For wheel stud UG668 & UG669) (UA355Z)£11.93 £14.32Condition:Genuine