Tyres are an inherent part of the handling, safety and performance of a vehicle. We would always recommend replacing old, worn out tyres with new ones of the correct size. Even if the tyre has plenty of tread remaining, tyres over 10 years old do not have the same grip capability.
SY models were fitted with a range of sizes listed below:
- Early Standard models (up to VIN 5579) and Coachbuilt models (up to VIN 6761) were fitted with a 6" wide wheel (UG12908) that was originally fitted with a 205 VR15 tyre.
- From VIN 5580-18268 (Standard) and VIN 6762-18562 (Coachbuilt) a 6.5" wheel (UG13160) was fitted that was originally fitted with a 205 VR15 tyre
- From VIN 18269 (Standard) and 18563 (Coachbuilt) a 6.5" wheel (UG13160) was fitted that was originally fitted with a 235/70X15 tyre.
- We recommend inflating Shadow I & T1 tyres to 34psi and Shadow II & T2 tyres to 32psi.
It is possible to fit the later, larger tyre size to early cars with 6" road wheels, however please note that they may catch the inner wheel arch when on full lock.
- 205 VR15 PIRELLI CINTURATO BLACK WALL TYRE (205WR15PIRELLI)£0.00 £0.00Condition:Aftermarket
- 235 70 HR15 MICHELIN XVS BLACK WALL TYRE (235X70X15MICHELIN)£349.00 £418.80Condition:Aftermarket