The early Series 1 models were fitted with a low compression (6.6:1) cylinder head (UE2299). Continental models were fitted with a 7.25:1 compression cylinder head (UE2405). The later Series 1 models were fitted with a high compression (8:1) cylinder head (UE3764). Although Rolls-Royce did not publish torque tightening figures for the straight six engines we are often asked for them. From speaking to fellow members of the RRBSA we propose that you work to the following settings: Main bearing caps 30 lb/ feet Big end bearing caps 30 lb/ feet Cylinder head bolts 40 lb/ feet.
- CYLINDER HEAD (6.6:1 to 8:1 CR Conversion) (UE2299CONVERSION)£1,295.00 £1,554.00Condition:Reconditioned
- CYLINDER HEAD BOLT (Short - 10 per head) (UE2167U)£16.50 £19.80Condition:Recycled
- SCREW (Cylinder head rear cover - 10 screws per cover) (X2813ZP)£6.33 £7.60Condition:Aftermarket
- GASKET (Thermostat housing to cylinder head) (RH12899P)£5.23 £6.28Condition:Aftermarket
- OIL FILLER ADAPTER TO ROCKER COVER GASKET (RE11319)£2.68 £3.22Condition:Genuine
- CYLINDER HEAD REAR END PLATE GASKET (10 hole) (RE3422P)£4.27 £5.12Condition:Aftermarket
- INLET VALVE SEAT (Standard size - 6.6:1 compression ratio) (UE351)£48.81 £58.57Condition:Genuine