Engine Run Timer

Engine Run Timer

Postby PaulRG » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello everyone.

On my '92 Spirit II, I an seeing very low voltage on the fan relay coils. Instead of battery voltage (with engine running), all I measure is 10 volts.

The relays are powered by the output of the Engine Run Timer (ERT). Which also powers the Auto Ride Circuit and Start Inhibit Relay.

The input voltage to the ERT is 13V, but the output is only 10V. I have not been able to check the voltage at the ERT connector because, even with the top roll and fascia removed, I still can't get to (yet) one of the ERT mounting screws. So, the voltages were measured elsewhere in the circuits.

I can make a replacement relay module the will be triggered by the 10V ERT ouput, which will apply proper engine voltage to the ERT output circuits. But, I would prefer to keep the original configuration.

With that said, does anyone have a schematic of the ERT internal electronics, or at least, know if the output voltage is connected to the engine voltage by a semiconductor switch or through a set of relay contacts?

Thanks in advance.
PaulRG

Re: Engine Run Timer

Postby PaulRG » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm having the exact same problem, Paul. If I find out more about this component, then I will certainly let you know. Meanwhile, good luck! :)
PaulRG

Postby flyingspares » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Good Afternoon

I believe the reading at the fan relay coils and ERT will be lower dependant on what setting the fans are set to?
Sorry I am not aware of a schematic of the ERT as this would have just been a bought in part at Crewe.

We hope this is of some assistance to you .
Flying Spares
flyingspares

Postby PaulRG » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:00 am

Thanks for the reply.

The 10 Volts is consistent, on every fan relay coils and the ACU relay coil, no matter which fan setting, so it doens't seem to be a loading issue.

It looks like it will be simpler, and quicker, to make my own relay module to replace the ERT's 10 volt output, with a switch 13 V supply.
PaulRG

Postby flyingspares » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:05 am

Im afraid that is all the advice i can give you on this.
Please let us know how you get on with this.
many thanks.
Flying spares.
flyingspares

Postby PaulRG » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:21 pm

Thank you, anyway.

If I find out any technical info about this, I will let you know.
PaulRG

Return to ELECTRICAL